monitor.rb and JRuby

Antonio Cangiano

Aug 2, 2009, 4:34:24 PM8/2/09
to ruby-bench...@googlegroups.com
On Windows, utils/monitor.rb doesn't work with JRuby. The error I get is Process::Status#null not implemented (NotImplementedError).

Is this something we can work around?
--
High-Quality Programming Screencasts: http://ThinkCode.TV
Zen and the Art of Programming: http://AntonioCangiano.com

Roger Pack

Aug 2, 2009, 10:39:55 PM8/2/09
to ruby-bench...@googlegroups.com
> On Windows, utils/monitor.rb doesn't work with JRuby. The error I get is
> Process::Status#null not implemented (NotImplementedError).
>
> Is this something we can work around?

Are you using jruby as the "main runner" [if so could you use mri for
the main runner]? I'll take a look at it.

=r

Antonio Cangiano

Aug 3, 2009, 1:46:34 PM8/3/09
On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Roger Pack <roger...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you using jruby as the "main runner" [if so could you use mri for
the main runner]?  I'll take a look at it.

I was issuing rake bench VM="jruby ....". Rake should be run by Ruby MRI.

Antonio Cangiano

Aug 3, 2009, 2:24:03 PM8/3/09
On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Antonio Cangiano <acan...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Roger Pack <roger...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you using jruby as the "main runner" [if so could you use mri for
the main runner]?  I'll take a look at it.

I was issuing rake bench VM="jruby ....". Rake should be run by Ruby MRI.

I get the same error with Ruby MRI (mingw). I'll take a look at it.

rogerdpack

Aug 3, 2009, 2:51:37 PM8/3/09
to Ruby Benchmark Suite
> > I was issuing rake bench VM="jruby ....". Rake should be run by Ruby MRI.
>
> I get the same error with Ruby MRI (mingw). I'll take a look at it.

Hmm.
For me if I put jruby in my path, it uses jruby as the main runner and
"flits through" all the tests without running any. If I leave jruby
out of my path, and run it like
rake VM=c:\installs\jruby-bin-1.3.0\jruby-1.3.0\bin\jruby

it seems to work as expected.
Thoughts?
=r