ruby header dir

Jordan Perr

Dec 11, 2008, 12:14:20 PM12/11/08
to ruby-arduino...@googlegroups.com

hello,

I am trying to compile the hello world example, and get en error:

(in /Users/me/src/arduino_test)
ERROR: Can't find header dir for ruby. Exiting...

how does one fix this? I have not done anything fancy besides install the rad gem, and run
$/ rad arduino_test

Thanks--
--Jordan

colin h

Dec 11, 2008, 12:59:48 PM12/11/08
to ruby-arduino...@googlegroups.com
my 3 second guess is that you installed a binary package of ruby and
didn't install the dev package that includes the header files.. in
debian/ubuntu it's called ruby1.8-dev...

let me know if a "sudo apt-get install ruby1.8-dev" fixes your problems

-colin

Brian Riley

Dec 11, 2008, 3:49:32 PM12/11/08
to ruby-arduino...@googlegroups.com
If you are on a Mac, you need to install the XCode  package which is a free download. When it installs it tidies things up for the ruby  that is already there and i will all magically work!

\

--
cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   Home of the