Event-driven + slightly broader question on RAD

Sophie

Jan 14, 2010, 3:25:34 PM1/14/10
to ruby-arduino...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking at trying to get my RAD setup working with Arduino 17 (will probably start with Bryan's version here http://github.com/bryanl/rad ), and had a couple of slightly broader questions about RAD.

I hope the questions make sense, any input (including "that's not reasonable to ask, just read the source code") very much appreciated.

- Is there a standard way to use additional Arduino c/c++ libraries (e.g. that come with some devices or kits like http://www.trossenrobotics.com/store/p/5913-3pi-Robot-Starter-Kit.aspx) with RAD?

- Is it as simple as dropping the .h/.c++ files into a RAD directory? Is there Ruby/C/Ruby-Inline/Ruby2C/C++ programming involved to interface to these, and how much (just order of magnitude idea e.g. one Ruby-inline method for each C++ method)

- If I wanted to use an event-driven programming style (such as http://groups.google.com/group/aiko-platform), would that integration be simple (i.e. without understanding much of   the internal implementation of RAD)?

Just trying to guage how the (lovely) pleasures of working in Ruby/RAD are likely to balance with the desire to use more external stuff.

Thanks a bunch!

Sophie

Ron Evans

Jan 14, 2010, 3:43:39 PM1/14/10
to ruby-arduino...@googlegroups.com
My approach has been to convert the desired lib into RAD plugins...
which is a little bit of work, alto not too bad depending on the lib.

> --

Ron Evans
310-597-1013
ron....@gmail.com