Callback on automatic network recovery

i.p...@brickyard.eu

Feb 18, 2019, 9:37:02 AM2/18/19
to Ruby RabbitMQ libraries
Hello,

Is there a way to run some code/callback when automatic network recovery was successful? Would like to take advantage of the automatic network recovery but also execute some business logic when connected back to Rabbitmq.
Thanks

Michael Klishin

Feb 18, 2019, 10:08:01 AM2/18/19
to Ruby RabbitMQ libraries
Hi,

That's a good question. Most clients that implement the same recovery logic as Bunny do have such callbacks
(the OG here is Ruby's amqp gem) but Bunny doesn't at least I could not find any traces of it :P

It should be quite straightforward to add [1] and it's not a feature I would object to. In case you aren't comfortable with contributing
I can get it in the next couple of days.

i.p...@brickyard.eu

Feb 18, 2019, 10:12:02 AM2/18/19
to Ruby RabbitMQ libraries
Glad you agree with the utility of this feature. I'll try to get a PR in.

i.p...@brickyard.eu

Feb 19, 2019, 5:03:11 AM2/19/19
to Ruby RabbitMQ libraries

Michael Klishin

Feb 19, 2019, 1:09:01 PM2/19/19
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
Merged. I will produce a Bunny RC shortly. Thank you.

--
Bunny: http://rubybunny.info
March Hare: http://rubymarchhare.info

IRC: #rabbitmq on irc.freenode.net