Disable publisher confirms on a channel (Channel#confirm_select counterpart)

Pablo Ruiz

Dec 7, 2018, 2:07:51 PM12/7/18
to Ruby RabbitMQ libraries
Hello.

I have an app which uses Bunny,  and has a channel pool and some publishers who use the pool enable publisher confirms.

After the publisher finishes (receives confirmations) I would like to return the channel to its original state (disabling the confirmation mode) before returning it to the pool, so other publishers that use the channel are able to enable or not the confirmation mode.

I was wondering if there is a Channel#confirm_select counterpart method such that it disables publisher confirms. Or can a publisher use a channel with confirm mode set but not use `wait_for_confirms` so it's really unnecessary to
disable confirm mode on the channel?

Thanks!

Michael Klishin

Dec 7, 2018, 2:09:37 PM12/7/18
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
There is no way to disable publisher confirms on a channel (not just in Bunny, in the protocol).

--
Bunny: http://rubybunny.info
March Hare: http://rubymarchhare.info

IRC: #rabbitmq on irc.freenode.net