Negative comment in the market

Scott

Jun 21, 2010, 7:27:49 PM6/21/10
to Ruboto (JRuby on Android)
We have a negative comment in the market today. A person identified as
forrest indicated that they couldn't save any scripts and couldn't
reload the demos (copy failed). Sounds like a space issue. This
indicates that we need more specific/better error messages, and need
to see if we can trigger the new error reporting mechanism to get more
information.

Also, for documentation we'll want to provide some tips for
troubleshooting and resolving issues that might arise.

Just one more stuff for the list.

Daniel Jackoway

Jun 21, 2010, 10:09:26 PM6/21/10
to rub...@googlegroups.com
I opened an issue about it so we don't forget about it.
Daniel

Scott

Jun 22, 2010, 9:33:01 PM6/22/10
to Ruboto (JRuby on Android)
I'm sure we still need to fail more gracefully, but just wanted you to
know that forrest has updated his comment. He reinstalled and
everything is working for him now.

Charles Oliver Nutter

Jun 30, 2010, 4:01:19 PM6/30/10
to rub...@googlegroups.com
Error messages are the second most neglected aspect of open-source
projects (the first is documentation). You can never make your errors
"too nice".