After creating new instance, can't login via root

Jeremy Pinnix

Mar 7, 2017, 2:39:41 PM3/7/17
to rubber
Earlier I updated from rubber 2.6.3 to rubber 3.2.2. I've done these upgrades many times in the past. I went through and vulcanized each module I needed and updated appropriately.

After updating, when I create a new instance, it is no longer able to get beyond this step, and just repeats until I quit:

```ruby
** Instance app created: i-xxxxxxxxxxxx
Waiting for instances to start............
** Instance running, fetching hostname/ip data
Trying to enable root login
 * 2017-03-07 13:10:09 executing `rubber:_ensure_key_file_present'
   servers: ["xx.xxx.x.xxx"]
/xxxxx/xxxxxxx/.rbenv/versions/2.3.1/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/net-ssh-2.9.4/lib/net/ssh/transport/session.rb:67:in `initialize': Object#timeout is deprecated, use Timeout.timeout instead.
.... ** Failed to connect to xx.xxx.x.xxx, retrying
```

I have verified the instance was actually created.

Kevin Menard

Mar 13, 2017, 4:46:47 PM3/13/17
to rubbe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

Just to help debug, are you able to SSH into the droplet using the specified key?

--
Thanks,
Kevin

Jeremy Pinnix

Mar 14, 2017, 2:38:42 PM3/14/17
to rubber
I am not able to SSH into the EC2 instance using the specified key.

Jeremy Pinnix

Mar 14, 2017, 2:40:49 PM3/14/17
to rubber
This is before the security groups are created.

Kevin Menard

Mar 14, 2017, 7:14:24 PM3/14/17
to rubbe...@googlegroups.com
Oops. For some reason I was convinced you were using DigitalOcean. I'll chew this one over a bit more. Unfortunately, my area is being pummeled with snow at the moment so it might take a day or so.

--
Kevin