IAM Roles

kblue...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2016, 4:46:32 PM12/22/16
to rubber
Hi all,

I've been digging through the wiki docs and trying to find any example of setting IAM Roles through Rubber.

We need our Rails apps to be able to query a managed ElasticSearch server in AWS, but we need our services to have the proper IAM roles to do so.
Any attempts to use IP routing haven't worked, so we're stuck with IAM roles.

Is this possible through Rubber? If so, is there a yaml example I could look at?

Thanks

Kevin

kblue...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2017, 2:14:20 PM1/20/17
to rubber
So found the answer myself, apparently it's done through fog_options.

fog_options:
    iam_instance_profile_name: profile_name