Fwd: [fw-announce] Zend Framework 1.11.5 Released

Alexander Ilyin

Apr 8, 2011, 6:03:26 AM4/8/11
to ru-zend-...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Weier O'Phinney <mat...@zend.com>
Date: 2011/4/8
Subject: [fw-announce] Zend Framework 1.11.5 Released
To: fw-an...@lists.zend.com
Cc: fw-ge...@lists.zend.com

The Zend Framework team announces the immediate availability of Zend
Framework 1.11.5, our fifth maintenance release in the 1.11 series. This
release includes a dozen bug fixes.

You may download ZF 1.11.5 from the Zend Framework site:

   http://framework.zend.com/download/latest

For a full list of resolved issues, you can visit the changelog:

  http://framework.zend.com/changelog/1.11.5

This version includes three notable changes.

First, Zend_Gdata has been updated to use HTTPS for those GData services
that support it. This should be a seamless change for most GData users.

Second, Zend_Application now supports ".dist" configuration files.  This
allows you to create the following:

   application/
       configs/
           application.ini.dist

and, while still specifying application.ini as the configuration file,
fall back to the .dist variant. This is useful for working on teams,
where individuals may wish to tailor their configuration environment
without necessarily checking in those environment-specific changes.
Thanks goes out to Wil Moore for this improvement.

Third, Mike van Riel offered to convert our API documentation generation
to DocBlox. We'd already been considering it for ZF2, but on seeing the
flexibility of the templating system, and, more importantly for us in
terms of packaging, the speed and minimal resources it utilizes in
generating the output, we were sold. (API documentation generation time
was reduced from taking 80-100 minutes to less than 10.) You can view
the results for yourself.

   http://framework.zend.com/apidoc/1.11/

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed code to these releases,
including those who submitted patches, translated documentation, or
reported issues. Keep your eyes peeled for another maintenance release
at the end of next month!

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
Project Lead            | mat...@zend.com