Failing to get rtpengine to transcode PCMU to G729 on reinvite

Dave Horton

May 19, 2024, 10:24:21 AMMay 19
to rtpe...@googlegroups.com, Vinod Dharashive
Here is my scenario:

- initial invite comes offering PCMU
- rtpengine passes through PCMU
- far end UAC then re-invites with only G729
- now, mid-call, we want rtpengine to start transcoding G729-PMCU and vice versa
- we send an ‘offer’ with "codec": { "mask": "g729", "transcode": "pcmu” }
- rtpengine returns an SDP offering only PCMU (good)
- we send an answer with an SDP containing PCMU - expecting rtpengine will return an SDP with G729
- instead rtpengine returns and SDP with PCMU, which the upstream UAC can not accept

debug log with my annotated comments to make it easier to read attached.

This is:
- debian 12
- rtpengine version: mr11.5.1.24

Any help on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated!

Thanks

Dave
rtpengine-reinvite-with-g729-but-transcoding-fails.log

Richard Fuchs

May 28, 2024, 8:02:01 AMMay 28
to rtpe...@googlegroups.com
Does it make a difference if you put "PCMU" in upper case?

David Horton

May 28, 2024, 9:01:52 PMMay 28
to Sipwise rtpengine
Actually, I apologize.  This was experienced using an 11.4 version and when I upgraded to mr11.5.1.24 it worked