Rtpengine using high random port for HEP/Homer traffic and it is overlapping with other services

Jurijs Ivolga

Aug 17, 2022, 5:30:57 AM8/17/22
to rtpengine
Hi,

I have interesting problem with rtpengine. I do run freeswitch and rtpengine alongside on same server and in this case I assign ports to rtpengine 10000-50000 and for freeswitch 50000-60000. Everything works fine, until I try to send data to homer, in this case rtpengine will start using port for HEP traffic from 50000-60000 range and it overlaps with freeswitch range and it causes some random call drops on freesiwtch.

Is it possible to force rtpenige to use particular port for such kind of traffic?

For kamailio we have send_sock_addr/force_send_sock for simillar issues. Other option for me would be to use TCP for rtpengine, but that is not really what I would like to do for now.

Thank you!

Richard Fuchs

Aug 17, 2022, 8:52:20 AM8/17/22
to rtpe...@googlegroups.com
We don't have such an option in rtpengine right now, even though it
would be relatively easy to implement. Until somebody does this (pull
requests welcome), as a workaround you can make the kernel use a
different port range for ephemeral ports via the
`net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range` sysctl, for example 60001+ in your case.

Cheers

Jurijs Ivolga

Aug 17, 2022, 8:55:34 AM8/17/22
to rtpengine