Recording to pcap

Aki

Nov 17, 2022, 8:32:54 AM11/17/22
to rtpengine
Dear all,

I'm trying to start using rtpengine recording to pcap format (https://github.com/sipwise/rtpengine#call-recording).
pcap file and metadata are being generated correctly, but there is one strange thing for me in the generated pcap file. Rtpengine version is 10.5.2.6+0~mr10.5.2.6

When rtpengine generates the pcap file, the file does not contain packet stream from rtpengine. All packets have same destination XXX.182.160.16 (rtpengine).
Audio can be heard correctly, but filtering the file is bit hard.
When I capture same call data manually using tcpdump, it does show one stream to rtpengine and another from rtpengine.
I've attached screenshot from wireshark where these both files can be seen as per reference. Upper window is from the manually recorded tcpdump generated file and below is the rtpengine generated pcap.

Is this kind of behaviour by design and can it be somehow modified?

I'd like to achieve situation where rtpengine generated pcap file can be "easily" filtered using wireshark filters for source, destination, etc..

Thanks in advance!

Br,
Aki
wireshark.png