Re: voip stats when no rtcp

Oleg Belov

Jun 20, 2024, 2:48:12 PMJun 20
to Sipwise rtpengine
I wil try, but the point is, when I used same image without transcoding on the setup where  RTCP enabled on A_ and B - statistics generated perfectly.

Could it be dependency on codec?  In above setup use PCMU, on problematic setup - AMR/8000.

ps: that strange, but my response somehow deleted after submit, not sure the reason..
--
I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head, but I think your issue might be the lack of transcoding support in your build. I think calculating RTP metrics probably depends on some of the code that is part of the transcoding engine (e.g. codec definitions). Try with a regular complete build instead.
--

Defined following in the config:
measure-rtp = true

Version 11.5.1.25+0~mr11.5.1.25 git-mr11.5.1-a6631401.

Richard Fuchs

Jun 21, 2024, 8:25:50 AMJun 21
to rtpe...@googlegroups.com
On 20/06/2024 14.48, Oleg Belov wrote:
> I wil try, but the point is, when I used same image without
> transcoding on the setup where  RTCP enabled on A_ and B - statistics
> generated perfectly.
>
> Could it be dependency on codec?  In above setup use PCMU, on
> problematic setup - AMR/8000.

AFAICT RTCP generation and therefore by extension also measuring RTP
metrics is completely non functional in non-transcoding builds,
regardless of codec used (just tried it with G.711). Perhaps your G.711
clients were sending RTCP but the AMR clients were not?

Cheers

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted