RTPEngine removes all attributes for disabled streams

Eric tao

Jan 12, 2024, 6:39:23 AMJan 12
to rtpengine
Hello ,

i would like to know if there is a way to tell rtpengine to not delete all attributes for disabled streams. Below an example- of current behaviour in rtpengine 11.

rtpengine removes all attributes for  m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 18 101 on egress

INGRESS
v=0
o=test 1111111111 22222222222222 IN IP4 x.x.x.x
s=-
c=IN IP4 x.x.x.x
t=0 0
m=audio 8192 RTP/AVP 8 101
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:101 0-11,16
a=ptime:20
m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 18 101
a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000
a=fmtp:18 annexb=no
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:101 0-15
a=ptime:20

EGRESS
v=0
o=test 1111111111 22222222222222 IN IP4 x.x.y.y
s=-
c=IN IP4 x.x.y.y
t=0 0
m=audio 32500 RTP/AVP 8 101
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:101 0-11,16
a=ptime:20
m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 18 101

Richard Fuchs

Jan 12, 2024, 7:42:14 AMJan 12
to rtpe...@googlegroups.com
On 12/01/2024 06.39, [EXT] Eric tao wrote:
Hello ,

i would like to know if there is a way to tell rtpengine to not delete all attributes for disabled streams. Below an example- of current behaviour in rtpengine 11.

rtpengine removes all attributes for  m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 18 101 on egress

Not there isn't, the RFC says that disabled streams don't require any attributes. Why would you need this?

Cheers

Eric Dev

Jul 18, 2024, 12:43:30 PM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to Sipwise rtpengine
i Also noticed that behaviour of removing disabled media attributes.

i intend to write a patch to allow keeping those attributes (with a flag) even for disabled streams.

since the RFC does not forbid them i would like RTPEngine to keep them.

just wondering will it have an impact (negative effect) with call/sdp  processing on RTPEngine if we keep them for disabled streams ?

Richard Fuchs

Jul 18, 2024, 1:30:06 PM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to rtpe...@googlegroups.com
On 18/07/2024 12.43, Eric Dev wrote:
> i Also noticed that behaviour of removing disabled media attributes.
>
> i intend to write a patch to allow keeping those attributes (with a
> flag) even for disabled streams.
>
> since the RFC does not forbid them i would like RTPEngine to keep them.
>
> just wondering will it have an impact (negative effect) with call/sdp
> processing on RTPEngine if we keep them for disabled streams ?

Probably not. Of course I can't predict whether any other SDP/RTP
clients would behave any differently though. But I'm still wondering if
there's a legitimate use case for keeping the attributes in place?

Cheers