Identification of Caller or Callee while using PCM Forwarding

Anirban Bhowmik

May 20, 2024, 9:49:20 AMMay 20
to Sipwise rtpengine
Hi All,
I am using the PCM forwarding feature of RTPEngine to instruct RTPEnginer Recorder to forward PCM for both Caller and Callee to a TLS Port.
The setup followed is based on:
https://github.com/drachtio/drachtio-siprec-recording-server/tree/main
with the addition of PCM forwarding from where the audio is transcribed.

The issue is that I can't find a definitive way of identifying which audio is coming from the "Caller" and which audio is coming from "Callee".

I used the metadata field while making a NGCP reuqest as follows, where "which" is either Caller or Callee. However, when the data is received in the TLS port, the metadata is being overwritten to "Callee" only.

const args = Object.assign(
  {},
  {
    "call-id": opts.callDetails["call-id"],
    label: which,
    metadata: `callID:${opts.genesysID}|label:${which}`,
  }
);
rtpEngine["startForwarding"](rtpEngine.remote, args).then((response) => {
  if (response.result !== "ok") {
    throw new Error("Error Recording");
  }
});

Anirban Bhowmik

May 28, 2024, 11:07:59 AMMay 28
to Sipwise rtpengine
Can anyone help with this please?

Regards,
Anirban

Richard Fuchs

May 30, 2024, 10:20:50 AMMay 30
to rtpe...@googlegroups.com
On 20/05/2024 09.49, Anirban Bhowmik wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am using the PCM forwarding feature of RTPEngine to instruct
> RTPEnginer Recorder to forward PCM for both Caller and Callee to a TLS
> Port.
> The setup followed is based on:
> https://github.com/drachtio/drachtio-siprec-recording-server/tree/main
> with the addition of PCM forwarding from where the audio is transcribed.
>
> The issue is that I can't find a definitive way of identifying which
> audio is coming from the "Caller" and which audio is coming from "Callee".
>
> I used the metadata field while making a NGCP reuqest as follows,
> where "which" is either Caller or Callee. However, when the data is
> received in the TLS port, the metadata is being overwritten to
> "Callee" only.

This should work like that, at least on mr11.5. You should see in the
log that forwarding is enabled for a single call party and not the
entire call. Always check the log when in doubt.

Cheers