Cannot open libwebsockets.so.15

David Cunningham

Aug 17, 2022, 5:37:53 PM8/17/22
to rtpengine
Hello,

We have compiled rtpengine mr10.5.1 from source on Ubuntu 22.04, which ships with the "libwebsockets16" package which I believe contains Libwebsockets version 4.0.20. The server previously had Ubuntu 20.04 and rtpengine mr9.3.1.2 before we upgraded it.

After compilation, running rtpengine fails with an error:

/usr/sbin/rtpengine: error while loading shared libraries: libwebsockets.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can anyone help advise how we should recompile rtpengine to avoid this problem?

Thanks very much.

Richard Fuchs

Aug 17, 2022, 5:59:11 PM8/17/22
to rtpe...@googlegroups.com
A few suggestions...

Double check that you don't have leftover old libwebsockets packages
installed, using `dpkg -l libwebsockets\*` - in particular the `-dev`
package should match the version of one of the installed numbered lib
packages.

Double check that you don't have any libwebsockets installed that isn't
coming from a package, e.g. check in /usr/local/*

Make sure that /usr/sbin/rtpengine is actually the newly compiled binary
and not an old one. After compiling the binary you should be able to
launch it directly from the source directory without having to
copy/install it anywhere. (That's assuming you're building manually - if
you're using dpkg, consider running `make` yourself and double checking
the resulting binary to see if it works.)

If using dpkg to build, make sure all the packages all fully installed.

Use the `ldd` tool to inspect which libraries any binary is linked against.

Cheers

David Cunningham

Aug 18, 2022, 7:35:33 PM8/18/22
to Richard Fuchs, rtpe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

You're quite right, for some reason the old binary was still there. Thank you very much!

David Cunningham, Voisonics Limited
http://voisonics.com/
USA: +1 213 221 1092
New Zealand: +64 (0)28 2558 3782