RE-INVITE ICE Reset

Callum Guy

Nov 15, 2022, 12:16:31 PM11/15/22
to rtpengine
Hi All,

I have been using RTPEngine for several years now and have recently upgraded from 7.4.1.6 to 10.4.1.3.

My setup is client <> opensips <> freeswitch with RTPEngine engaged for every call.

Following this upgrade I am running into an issue whereby RE-INVITE from the server side of the connection is causing outbound calls from the client to lose media.

The directives I send in my offers has not changed significantly since the previous version but I am now seeing a breakdown in audio and log messages suggesting the ICE session is resetting as the root cause.

I've captured some pretty clear logs, I'm hoping an expert can point me in the right direction to resolving this problem, I'd hate to downgrade!

Many thanks,

Callum

Richard Fuchs

Nov 15, 2022, 2:30:49 PM11/15/22
to rtpe...@googlegroups.com
I think this may already have been fixed. The log and scenario definitely ring a bell. Please try with the most recent 10.5 version. (10.4 is not supported any more while 10.5 is LTS.)

The signalling to rtpengine looks fine except for one little detail: the re-invite offer states `"transport-protocol": "RTP/SAVP"` when the calling party really was using UDP/TLS/RTP/SAVPF. This shouldn't be what breaks the handshake though, it's just something I noticed. In general with newer versions you can omit these options (incl. e.g. ICE, RTCP-mux) in re-invites (and mostly also in answers) as rtpengine has already learned which options the endpoint supports.

Cheers

0333 332 0000  |  x-on.co.uk  |          |  Coronavirus  |  Practice Index Reviews

Our new office address: 22 Riduna Park, Melton IP12 1QT.

THE COMMS COUNCIL UK AWARDS 2022 AND Best Comms Software are trade marks of the Comms Council UK, used under licence - https://commscouncil.uk/awards

X-on is a trading name of Storacall Technology Ltd a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office : Glebe Farm, Down Street, Dummer, Basingstoke, Hampshire, England RG25 2AD. Company Registration No. 2578478.
The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify X-on immediately on +44(0)333 332 0000 and delete the
message from your computer. If you are not a named addressee you must not use, disclose, disseminate, distribute, copy, print or reply to this email.
Views or opinions expressed by an individual
within this email may not necessarily reflect the views of X-on or its associated companies. Although X-on routinely screens for viruses, addressees should scan this email and any attachments
for viruses. X-on makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this email or any attachments.

Callum Guy

Nov 15, 2022, 3:05:56 PM11/15/22
to rtpengine
Fantastic Richard, an upgrade was next on the list to try and you've given me renewed vigour to do so!

I'll get to work on packaging that up for EL9 (AlmaLinux) and feed results back once complete.

Best Regards,

Callum

Callum Guy

Nov 15, 2022, 6:39:18 PM11/15/22
to rtpengine
I'm pleased to report that a build of mr10.5.2.7 has corrected the issue and all is running well on, your prompt response is a credit and saved the day, thank you!