Hiro / NEXTAGE OPEN software Monthly Update (Sep 2014)

Isaac Isao Saito

Sep 19, 2014, 4:55:55 PM9/19/14
to rtm-ros-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Hiro/NEXTAGE OPEN users,

here are 2nd regular updates for the robots' opensource software.

Contents
==========
1. ROS Groovy development freeze
2. Tutorial restoration
3. Other changes

1. ROS Groovy development freeze

Now that Groovy has almost reached its EOL (end-of-life. Well it's not really...it'll become just freeze-dry)[1], we've stopped active development and release of new .DEB for Groovy.

If there are Groovy users I'd suggest you shift to ROS Hydro, which should run on any Ubuntu distro where Groovy runs.

2. Tutorial restoration

We've reviewed the tutorial[2] structure and contents, and made a huge refurbishment. So for all users I suggest to go through at least a quick look at the TOC[2].

Focus of this time's improvement was on programming interface. As we previously announced, we just recently added ROS client both in Python and C++. Now in the tutorial, a simple programming sample in Python is available.

3. changelogs

For the rest of the changes, please see the changelog page of each package:
- rtmros_hironx http://docs.ros.org/hydro/changelogs/hironx_ros_bridge/changelog.html
- rtmros_nextage http://docs.ros.org/hydro/changelogs/rtmros_nextage/changelog.html
- rtmros_common http://docs.ros.org/hydro/changelogs/hrpsys_ros_bridge/changelog.html
- hrpsys http://docs.ros.org/hydro/changelogs/hrpsys/changelog.html