Thermopro TP829 / TP-29

Rose Thompson

Jan 4, 2022, 11:26:31 AM1/4/22
to rtl_433
Hello,

I have a Thermopro 4-probe meat thermometer that is broadcasting in the 915MHz band. I don't have the foggiest idea where to start decoding the data I am seeing. (I see nothing when I run SDR_433 from a command line, but I do see data when running the rtl_433 plugin on SDR#. It surely would be easier to buy a thermometer that is already supported. I wrongly assumed if one Thermopro was supported, they all would be.

Christian Z.

Jan 4, 2022, 11:30:00 AM1/4/22
to rtl_433

Benjamin Larsson

Jan 4, 2022, 11:30:15 AM1/4/22
to rtl...@googlegroups.com
Hi, can you post the command line you are using? And also try running
with the analyzer (-A). It might output something of interest.

What does SDR# output?

MvH
Benjamin Larsson

Rose Thompson

Jan 4, 2022, 1:40:27 PM1/4/22
to rtl_433
Thank you for you replies!

It appears I have a lot to learn..... It seems I can't even navigate Google Groups properly.

Mr Larsson, I sent you a reply privately by accident with attached *.cu8 files, But I am not sure it was delivered.

I installed Universal Radio Hacker and can see data, but I may decide it is just over my head to decipher it. I will do as Christian advised and submit it to https://triq.org/rtl_433.

My goal is to get the data from this excellent 4-probe meat thermometer in to Home Assistant via MQTT..... I thought this was gonna be EASY! :)

I am going to attach some of my files in case someone smarter-than-me wants to look at it 'for fun'.

Thank you all very much!
URH File RTL-SDR-20220104_122030-915MHz-1MSps-1MHz.zip
g010_915M_2400k.cu8
g007_915M_2400k.cu8
g008_915M_2400k.cu8
g009_915M_2400k.cu8

Rose Thompson

Jan 4, 2022, 1:51:49 PM1/4/22
to rtl_433
The command line I was using was "rtl_433 -f 915000000 -vvv -A" .

I don't see a way to output the results to a text file. But I get 73 pulses then "Guessing modulation: No Clue...."

Christian Z.

Jan 4, 2022, 2:03:07 PM1/4/22
to rtl_433
(great, Groups confused me too and made me send private messages now)

> The command line I was using was "rtl_433 -f 915000000 -vvv -A" .

"rtl_433 -f 915M -A" so you don't get all the debug messages.

> advised and submit it to https://triq.org/rtl_433.

triq is our documentation site. The issues are at Github.

> I thought this was gonna be EASY! :)

The best we can promise is FUN ;)

> I am going to attach some of my files

The files are empty, drop on https://triq.org/pdv/ to visualize (you want to see "red streaks" of data)

Ryan Bray

Jul 20, 2023, 2:24:27 AM7/20/23
to rtl_433
Did you happen to solve this?

I have the exact same device and use-case.

Aryeh Gielchinsky

Jun 19, 2024, 6:50:01 AMJun 19
to rtl_433
Hi,

We are working on adding support for this meat thermometer. Looks like there was some interest in the past. If you have the device please post the output of this command to the issue linked below.

rtl_433 -f 915M -F json -X "n=tp829b,m=FSK_PCM,s=100,l=100,r=2000,preamble=d2552dd4,bits>=100" | jq --unbuffered -r '.codes[0]'

Please record the ambient temperature, and get samples with the transmitter in both F and C.

Thanks
Aryeh