How to run rtl_433 on Windows 10?

Petr

Feb 24, 2021, 1:34:30 PM2/24/21
to rtl_433

Hello,

I would like to ask how to run rtl_433 on Windows 10?
I bought this device https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002095295657.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5bd04c4dTq4q64
I downloaded rtl_433 for Windows. If I run it, only the command prompt window will flash.

Christian Z.

Feb 24, 2021, 1:49:08 PM2/24/21
to rtl_433
You will need to open a Terminal ("cmd") and then run rtl_433 from there. The default output goes to that terminal.

I'm considering adding a mode where you can just double-click rtl_433 to launch the browser interface -- but that will take some weeks to get done.

Petr

Feb 25, 2021, 1:16:52 PM2/25/21
to rtl_433

Thank you for the quick reply. When I run rtl_433 from the command line, error 12 is displayed. See the attached screen. Please advise how to proceed. I apologize for such questions, but I work very little on the command line.
Dne středa 24. února 2021 v 19:49:08 UTC+1 uživatel Christian Z. napsal:
cmd.JPG

Christian Z.

Feb 25, 2021, 1:26:23 PM2/25/21
to rtl_433
Looks like the RTL-SDR isn't available. Did you just Zadig to remove the DVB-T drivers? https://www.rtl-sdr.com/getting-the-rtl-sdr-to-work-on-windows-10/

Christian Z.

Feb 25, 2021, 2:00:27 PM2/25/21
to rtl_433
Looks like the RTL-SDR isn't available. Did you **use** Zadig to remove the DVB-T drivers? https://www.rtl-sdr.com/getting-the-rtl-sdr-to-work-on-windows-10/

Petr

Feb 25, 2021, 2:49:22 PM2/25/21
to rtl_433
That's exactly what I needed. Thank you very much for your help. Now everything works.

Silfrido Reverol Prada

Jul 19, 2021, 6:47:38 PM7/19/21
to rtl_433
Hello Petr,

Could you please let me know where can I get the binaries for Windows? I see in your screenshot that your are running v20.11, I've trying to compile source code but with not success. I appreciate your help in getting this binaries for Windows.

Best regards,

Silfrido