Display options

Rob M

Feb 16, 2021, 5:23:01 PM2/16/21
to rtl_433
Maybe this doesn't exists but is there a way to have the data/stations lists as columns/rows, not scrolling and expire after a set amount of time? (Like how Dump1090 does it)

Thanks
Rob

Christian Z.

Feb 17, 2021, 12:16:10 AM2/17/21
to rtl_433
If you just want an improved display start with:

rtl_433 -F http

you should be able to see the devices in a scrollable list.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Graham Eddy

Feb 19, 2021, 12:13:55 AM2/19/21
to rtl_433
i just rebuilt rtl-sdr and rtl_433 from clean new clones.
version 'rtl_433 version 20.11-76-g93e0a9c7 branch master at 202102150728 inputs file rtl_tcp RTL-SDR’.
using a RTL2838UHIDIR dongle.
running rtl_433 with no options shows the expected radio devices (there are several).
i run ‘rtl_433 -F http’ on local server paperbark
then browse to http://paperbark:8433 which displays a brief message about waiting, redirects to 'https://triq.org/rxui/#paperbark:8433’, and shows a crisp white but very blank screen (chrome and safari).
what should i be seeing?
cheers

Christian Z.

Feb 19, 2021, 12:31:13 AM2/19/21
to rtl_433
> When I try `rtl_433 -F http` nothing populates.

There is just a difference in dislay, the operation is not affected. Try

    rtl_433 -F kv -F http

to view both console and web.

> try rtl_433 -F http I get no data on the web page.
> Also I take it that you need to be connected to an ISP

No connection is needed. You just need (some way) to load the "web app".
The operation is as follows:

- with "-F http" rtl_433 offers a (additional) local http API on the device where it is running. Use multiple "-F", e.g. "-F json" to see other output.
- you load the web app on a device with a browser, this can be cached or downloaded.
- the browser (i.e. not triq.net) connects to the rtl_433 API. That's the address after the "#".
- your browser needs to be able to connect to that address, it can be local like "localhost", "127.0.0.1", or on the private local net, e.g. "192.168.178.123", "raspi.local"

> displays a brief message about waiting, redirects and shows a crisp white but very blank screen (chrome and safari).

Currently Safari seems not to work. I'm on that.

I'll prepare a in-depth "howto" with pictures shortly :)

Graham Eddy

Feb 19, 2021, 1:09:27 AM2/19/21
to rtl_433
i found yesterday it works neither on safari nor chrome. i haven’t tried other browsers. cheers

Christian Z.

Feb 19, 2021, 1:37:15 AM2/19/21
to rtl_433
You should see the UI on Safari and Chrome now (maybe force reload). But there is perhaps an issue where the browser using https to load the app doesn't want to load the API from non-TLS.

Christian Z.

Feb 19, 2021, 3:34:35 AM2/19/21
to rtl_433
Firefox only for now, sorry.

Chrome doesn't allow unsecure websocket (ws) connections to localhost.But it should work without any issues in Firefox and other browsers.
This is intentional to make Chrome more secure by preventing attacks against internal network devices and processes listening on localhost.

Serving https/wss from rtl_433 would require a cert and we can't issue a trusted cert for localhost. Suggestions welcome.

Rob M

Feb 19, 2021, 5:02:02 PM2/19/21
to rtl_433
Thank you for your help. The issue was that I wasn't using firefox. It now displays. The only issue that I have is that my Acurite Atlas TXs two groups of data packets. Group one packet has Temp, Hum and lightning while group two packet has wind, UV, LUX and other lightning info. Whats happening is that under the 'Devices' in the HTTP display, group one 'options` or fields disappears when group two is sent out. Then when group one is sent out, group two is replaced. Would it be possible to the the fields stay than other than being replaced?

Graham Eddy

Feb 19, 2021, 8:27:32 PM2/19/21
to rtl_433
very impressive!

browsing safari to local host behind firewall, http works well and https does not work.
cheers

On 19 Feb 2021, at 5:37 pm, Christian Z. <chri...@zuckschwerdt.org> wrote:

You should see the UI on Safari and Chrome now (maybe force reload). But there is perhaps an issue where the browser using https to load the app doesn't want to load the API from non-TLS.

Christian Z.

Feb 20, 2021, 2:30:08 AM2/20/21
to rtl_433
The issue was that I wasn't using firefox. It now displays.

I plan to support Chrome/Safari better. It will take a few days and likely needs a new rtl_433 version though.

The only issue that I have is that my Acurite Atlas TXs two groups of data packets. group one 'options` or fields disappears when group two is sent out.

Thanks for finding that. Yes there are some devices that do that grouping. I'll test and fix the app so that all fields stay visible, right away.

Christian Z.

Feb 21, 2021, 5:54:56 AM2/21/21
to rtl_433
The issue with Chrome/Safari should be fixed with the latest rtl_433 now. (you need to recompile rtl_433)

Also the URL properly stays on your localhost without the slightly confusing redirect that (falsely!) suggested some remote access to your devices.

Christian Z.

Feb 21, 2021, 7:22:14 AM2/21/21
to rtl_433
The only issue that I have is that my Acurite Atlas TXs two groups of data packets. Group one packet has Temp, Hum and lightning while group two packet has wind, UV, LUX and other lightning info. Whats happening is that under the 'Devices' in the HTTP display, group one 'options` or fields disappears when group two is sent out. Then when group one is sent out, group two is replaced.

This should be fixed now.

Rob M

Feb 23, 2021, 4:41:54 PM2/23/21
to rtl_433
AWESOME! It now works on other browsers and the grouping works good. The only thing I see is that the drop down for "Center Frequency" and "Sample Rate", when you select 915.000.000 HZ it tunes to 915 HZ and with the sample rate when you select 2.000.000 S/s, it goes to 2.

Christian Z.

Feb 24, 2021, 12:37:06 AM2/24/21
to rtl_433
when you select 915.000.000 HZ it tunes to 915 HZ

Do you use US-style digit grouping and decimal separation? Try 915,000,000
But, yeah, likely you never want any decimals there, I should just remove that.