Ford TPMS Sensors

Wray

Mar 3, 2021, 3:45:14 PM3/3/21
to rtl_433
Hey guys! I am doing some TPMS testing using an SDR dongle and a hand held TPMS activation tool. I am going to order some Ford TPMS sensors but under "Supported device protocols" it mentions Ford TPMS [89], but does not specify which brand or model numbers of the sensors that were tested. Is there a list somewhere, or should this work with "most" Ford sensors?

Thanks,
Wray

Benjamin Larsson

Mar 3, 2021, 3:47:41 PM3/3/21
to rtl...@googlegroups.com
We don't really know. Read the source code for clues.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson

Greg Troxel

Mar 3, 2021, 5:25:18 PM3/3/21
to Wray, rtl_433
I am really fuzzy on this, so take as a vague, maybe-confused hint.

My impression is that Ford used one kind of sensor (on some fraction of
vehicles) until about 2018, and is not using a different kind of
sensor. So "Ford sensor" is ambiguous.
signature.asc

John F

Mar 10, 2021, 1:20:07 PM3/10/21
to rtl_433
I am doing the same thing, we are developing a product for TPMS.  I also ordered the ford sensors, but they are a pain in the A**.  Just order the schrader EZ Sensor, and get a "Tech 200" programing tool.  This will allow you to activate the sensors.  Then easily read them in rtl.