Add support for TX141-BV4 device

Bob C

Mar 26, 2024, 7:56:29 AMMar 26
to rtl_433
I own a LaCrosse wireless thermometer, which uses a TX141-BV4 sensing/transmitting device. I have reverse-engineered the protocol, and would like to contribute my knowledge to the rtl433 codebase. However, being new to this, I need some guidance to get started.

Christian Z.

Mar 26, 2024, 8:17:18 AMMar 26
to rtl_433
Hi,

see my answer from 2024--03-14 below.

The usual point of contact is the Github Issues: https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433/issues
You’d need a Github account but it’s free.

There isn’t one person „responsible“ for the project, hence no one the single or first contact. The issues are read and answered by all contributors and often other users with similar hardware.

We already have a LaCrosse TX 141… decoder, there variations but the family of sensors is very similar.
https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433/blob/master/src/devices/lacrosse_tx141x.c

There were reports that the LaCrosse TX141-Bv4 works and seems identical to LaCrosse-TX141Bv3.

A (very basic) Git intro would be a good place to start but most commands can be done „magically“ or by buttons and drag-and-drop in Github.
A squash commit is erasing of edit history to arrive at one single changeset to commit, i.e. only the final version of code not the intermediate revisions.