Bresser 6 in 1 question

Keir Wayman (Cancunia)

May 13, 2024, 12:28:55 PMMay 13
to rtl_433
I have a Bresser 5 in 1 Weather station that uses the 6 in 1 protocol. All works fine with RTL_433 but I'm curious about a couple of the data fields and wondered if someone on here could help.
Please can someone tell me what the "id" & "channel"  fields mean?

------
  "model",            "",             DATA_STRING, "Bresser-6in1",
   "id",               "",             DATA_FORMAT, "%08x", DATA_INT,    id,
    "channel",          "",             DATA_INT,    chan,
--------

Specifically, does anyone know if the "id" field is a unique number that is / should be generated every time the external sensor is reset?
I'm wondering about this as I've bought a second display for the weather station but it won't pick up the external data. I've been assured that it works by the seller. The manual says that when the external sensor is reset, it will generate a new random code, but from looking at the RTL_433 output, the first data generated by the sensor always contains the same "id" & "channel" after reset or leaving the batteries out for 10-15 minutes.
It is possible that the display I bought is from an 'older' 5 in 1 that uses the 5 in 1 protocol, but the station was bought in late 2021 so that seems unlikely.

Any thoughts / suggestions ?
Thanks

Christian Z.

May 13, 2024, 12:58:11 PMMay 13
to rtl_433
For the Bresser-6in1 the ID is factory "burned-in", the channel should be selectable with a switch on the sensor.

Keir Wayman (Cancunia)

May 13, 2024, 1:07:12 PMMay 13
to rtl_433
Many Thanks,

That's interesting and explains why the ID does not change, regardless of what I do, even though the manual says it does change. I wonder, if the ID is also burned into the display?  Odd that you can buy the displays separately if so. I should have mentioned that the 'sensor' in my case is the combined rain wind & temp unit, there's no switch on that unit so channel is always 0 But now I understand why the other sensors have that switch.