Ford TPMS above 55 psi resets down to 20psi

John F

Mar 11, 2021, 5:31:43 PM3/11/21
to rtl_433
If you read a ford TPMS sensor, once you go above 55 or so psi, rtl_433 seems to drop and restart the readings at 20psi and start increasing.  So it will be showing readings in the 20's when your really at 80.

I had 80 PSI in a tire and it was showing 26.  I have repeated and replicated this behavior several times.  Possibly when decoding the protocol, no one tested above 50 or so?

This is important since many of the larger trucks use tire pressure over 50 psi.

This is using a shrader 33500 TPMS sensor, setup as a 2013-16 F450.  315 Mhz.

--John

Benjamin Larsson

Mar 11, 2021, 5:50:03 PM3/11/21
to rtl...@googlegroups.com
Hi, record a sample signal with rtl_433 -S unknown and open an issue
with the file that replicates the issue. The recorded files can be
played back with rtl_433 -r.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson

John F

Mar 11, 2021, 6:29:51 PM3/11/21
to rtl_433
Just recorded the file....how do i open an issue?

--John

Benjamin Larsson

Mar 11, 2021, 6:31:54 PM3/11/21
to rtl...@googlegroups.com
On 12/03/2021 00:29, John F wrote:
> Just recorded the file....how do i open an issue?
>
> --John

https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433/issues

MvH
Benjamin Larsson