Armbian Android Tv Box rtl_433

#LifeIsBetterOnTheBeach#

Mar 5, 2024, 2:06:10 PMMar 5
to rtl_433
i flashed also a old Android TV box (it was for free ) with Armbian and run rtl 433 to mqtt it works great so far what would be the cheapest sdr dongle solution?

IMG_7202.JPG

Christian Z.

Mar 5, 2024, 4:31:17 PMMar 5
to rtl_433
One of our goals is to run even on e.g. old router hardware -- great to see that in action.
Is that arm-v7, i.e. what does  uname -m  show? If so do our new binary builds run?

Those blue or black rubberized dongles, like show have, are the cheapest I came across so far.

#LifeIsBetterOnTheBeach#

Mar 6, 2024, 10:04:31 AMMar 6
to rtl_433
I use a MXQ box with rk3328 chip .
try now also to run home assistant on it

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 16.51.58.png

Christian Z.

Mar 6, 2024, 10:18:00 AMMar 6
to rtl_433
Thanks. More likely to be arm64 then. The Bookworm arm64 download for updated rtl_433 is
Just fetch, unzip and run with e.g.
  ./rtl_433 -V
to use the latest version. (keep the Armbian/Debian rtl_433 package installed to lock the dependencies.)

#LifeIsBetterOnTheBeach#

Mar 6, 2024, 7:56:20 PMMar 6
to rtl_433
It works perfect

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 02.52.52.png

#LifeIsBetterOnTheBeach#

Mar 12, 2024, 7:19:18 AMMar 12
to rtl_433
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-12 at 13.09.46.jpeg
I got another Tv box for 5 usd with a Amlogic S905x core run armbian from the sd card..rtl_433 runs well
could easy get my ws80, ws90, and Bresser 6-1. Tv Boxes with rockchip are more convenient to flash then amlogic and there are also a lot of fake boxes on the market with fake specs and weird combined hardware .

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-12 at 13.08.40.jpeg

Christian Z.

Mar 13, 2024, 3:12:13 PMMar 13
to rtl_433
Very nice! Thanks for the report. With the Box cheaper than an RTL-SDR this seems like the ultimate receiver :)

#LifeIsBetterOnTheBeach#

Mar 15, 2024, 12:42:59 PMMar 15
to rtl_433
Nobody need this boxes anymore , since smart Tv`s are so cheap and the most boxes are anyway fake with weird hardware . Fake kernel with Android version and fake memory display. I buy only boxes with 1Gb Ram 8 Gb storage or 2/16Gb and prefer rockchip.