select device

Wolfgang K. Meister

Feb 11, 2021, 10:35:45 AM2/11/21
to rtl_433

Hi all,
with -R I can select protocoll, unfortunately there are several
users in our appartment building, therefore I see all with the
same protocoll.

Is the a possible slection via 'house code' ?

73's de OE1MWW
Wolfgang

Benjamin Larsson

Feb 11, 2021, 10:52:10 AM2/11/21
to rtl...@googlegroups.com
Hi, you have to do that selection yourself in whatever you use to
process the output from rtl_433.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson

Wolfgang K. Meister

Feb 11, 2021, 11:04:00 AM2/11/21
to rtl_433
I am using the Windows binaries in a command window.
Out of interest are only two house codes in that command window.

73's de OE1MWW
Wolfgang

Benjamin Larsson

Feb 11, 2021, 11:35:09 AM2/11/21
to rtl...@googlegroups.com
On 11/02/2021 17:04, Wolfgang K. Meister wrote:
> I am using the Windows binaries in a command window.
> Out of interest are only two house codes in that command window.
>
> 73's de OE1MWW
> Wolfgang

The command line interface doesn't have that kind of functionality. It
just reports what it sees on the air.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson

Wolfgang K. Meister

Feb 11, 2021, 11:52:19 AM2/11/21
to rtl_433

Benjamin,

thanks for your answer. ".. just reports what it sees on the air."
Not exactly, the -R allows to select the sensor type, but there
is no selection for the house code... unfortunately ;-(

MvH / mfg / 73's

Christian Z.

Feb 11, 2021, 12:18:01 PM2/11/21
to rtl_433
If you just want an easy way to follow a single device start with:

rtl_433 -F http

you should be able to see that sender easier than on the console.
If it works out but is too cluttered, we can always add filters there.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Christian Z.

Feb 12, 2021, 10:43:21 AM2/12/21
to rtl_433
> Thanks for the info about the http mode and selecting one specific unit is
> very nice solution and makes an excellent overview.

Glad it helped. the http output is rather new an will see much more features in the future.

Bruno Cheganças

Feb 16, 2021, 6:07:36 PM2/16/21
to rtl_433
Hi,

With the

rtl_433 -F http

I get the following error:
```
Invalid URL to InfluxDB specified. No path component specified. No query parameters specified.

I would like to see the output that the command is expected to generate and understand if it helps my use case.
Thank you.

Regards,
Bruno

Versions:
rtl_433 -V reports a unknown version but apt reports the package as 20.02-1

Christian Z.

Feb 17, 2021, 12:17:32 AM2/17/21
to rtl_433
That version is too old. You need "20.11" or newer.