Bresser

Bruno Cheganças

Feb 16, 2021, 5:57:57 PM2/16/21
to rtl_433
HI,

When I use the rtl_433, the remote sensors appear labelled as model Nexus-TH (protocol 19). If I restrict the protocols to the ones associated with Bresser devices (52 - which I would think would be the most probable - 119, 172 or 173) I get nothing. I suppose manufacturers might be sharing data encoding schemes or even rebranding devices)
Is this expected?

One other thing, I would expect that each device would broadcast its serial or unique device id. Is this not the case?
The only id I see in the output, is "id" which seems to be persistent over time until the device is reset (or simply have its batteries changed). It there a way to output some device details that would later allow for a deterministic filter  being resilient to the battery change scenario?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Christian Z.

Feb 17, 2021, 12:20:59 AM2/17/21
to rtl_433
This is expected. The Nexus protocol is very simple and widely used. The transient ID is all you get. There isn't even any checksum.