Bresser 5 in 1 Question

Keir Wayman (Cancunia)

May 19, 2024, 4:22:23 AMMay 19
to rtl_433
Sorry, I do not know how to read the source code so was hoping that someone could help with a simple question. I am trying to repair a Bresser 5 in 1 and am wondering if the data that is transmitted is OK / not corrupt. There is a field in the transmission called 'Integrity' that shows the value 'CHECKSUM' does this mean the data is OK?
The Temp & Humidity are incorrect but the wind direction is correct, so I'm wondering if it is the T&H sensor at fault.
Thanks

time      : 2024-05-19 09:11:20
model     : Bresser-5in1 id        : 97
Battery   : 1            Temperature: 1.5 C        Humidity  : 15            Wind Gust : 0.0 m/s
Wind Speed: 0.0 m/s      Direction : 337.5         Rain      : 0.0 mm        Integrity : CHECKSUM

Christian Z.

May 19, 2024, 5:37:26 AMMay 19
to rtl_433
Yes, if you see "Integrity" that means a checksum was used an checked ok. The value signifies the strength: PARITY < CHECKSUM < CRC

Keir Wayman (Cancunia)

May 19, 2024, 6:02:07 AMMay 19
to rtl_433
Thanks for the quick reply.
It is odd that the base station display does not show an outdoor  Temp or Humidity reading but does show wind direction, even though the data stream is apparently correct (but with incorrect values for T&H). I can be sure that T&H are wrong as the outdoor sensor is actually on my desk indoors. I've asked Bresser if they can supply any info about the T&H sensor, maybe I can replace it. From what I've read elsewhere it may be an I2C based system.

Christian Z.

May 19, 2024, 6:47:52 AMMay 19
to rtl_433
There might be some magic values that signal error codes to the display. We don't know those yet. What values do you get? Can you post the raw data codes? For Bresser-5in1 use  -R 119:v

Keir Wayman (Cancunia)

May 19, 2024, 6:54:58 AMMay 19
to rtl_433
rtl_433  -f 868.3M -s 250k -R 119:v
time      : 2024-05-19 11:52:35
model     : Bresser-5in1 id        : 87

Battery   : 1            Temperature: 1.5 C        Humidity  : 15            Wind Gust : 0.0 m/s
Wind Speed: 0.0 m/s      Direction : 270.0         Rain      : 0.4 mm        Integrity : CHECKSUM
pulse_slicer_pcm(): Bresser Weather Center 5-in-1
bitbuffer:: Number of rows: 1
[00] {280} ea aa aa aa aa 8b 75 3b 6a 1f ff cf ff fb fc 3f fc 3e ff ff c4 95 e0 00 30 00 04 03 c0 03 c1 00 00 00 00

Christian Z.

May 19, 2024, 10:32:04 AMMay 19
to rtl_433
Indeed, aligned at the preamble+sync this is

ed a8 7f ff 3f ff ef f0 ff f0 fb ff ff 12 57 80 00 c0 00 10 0f 00 0f 04 00 00 00 00

Which reads as:
CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC uu II sS GG DG WW W TT T HH RR RR Bt
interesting are:
- T = temperature in 1/10 °C, BCD coded, TTxT = 1203 => 31.2 °C
- t = temperature sign, minus if unequal 0
- H = humidity in percent, BCD coded, HH = 23 => 23 %

And both values show the error code of F.

We need to add this to the decoder and yes, your T/H unit is reporting a defect.

Keir Wayman (Cancunia)

May 20, 2024, 3:08:50 AMMay 20
to rtl_433
Not sure what happened to my original reply via email, apologies if it appears twice eventually!
I'm happy to do some testing if needed, but after this week, it will be a few weeks before I have time due to other commitments.

Here's my original reply to the message above..
I'm surprised and impressed that a piece of consumer hardware actually has that capability. I've written to Bresser to see if they'll tell me what the sensor is and if they do then I'll see how much it would cost to get another. Thanks again for your help.

Keir Wayman

May 21, 2024, 2:27:47 AMMay 21
to rtl...@googlegroups.com