removeStopWords = TRUE in create_matrix not removing the common stopwords

Mister T

Feb 29, 2016, 10:51:28 PM2/29/16
to rtexttools-help
I am a newbie to R, trying to learn using RTextTools Package for a predictive model, but I have a problem with removestopwords in create_matrix function

Attaching a screenshot of the usage of create_matrix with remove stopwords, yet when I run the matrix, I still see the stopwords, what am I doing wrong? How do I remove common words like "you", "the" etc...

Any help to point me in right direction is appreciated.

Timothy Jurka

Feb 29, 2016, 10:52:48 PM2/29/16
to rtextto...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Can you try removing stopwords with ngrams set to 1 and see if it properly filters them out? You may have stumbled upon a bug when combining ngrams and stopword removal.

Thanks,
Tim