intallation help

Lev

Nov 29, 2011, 3:55:09 PM11/29/11
to rtexttools-help
Hi Guys,

I have came across your project and being the advocate of LDA based
methods I wanted to test drive your package however I have came across
difficulties in installation (on ubuntu 10.04 with R version 2.11.1)
ERROR: dependencies ‘lasso2’ are not available for package
‘topicmodels’
So I went after where I can find lasso2 package I saw that it must
exists in some of the repositories but not mine.
I looked at the prepackaged deb packages, it doesn't exists there
either.
No I have no clue where to go with the problem.
Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks in advance,
Lev

Tim Jurka

Nov 29, 2011, 6:54:14 PM11/29/11
to rtextto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lev,

Thank you for using RTextTools! lasso2 is available via the CRAN repository ( http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/lasso2/index.html ) or the install.packages("lasso2") command in R. If you download it directly from the repository, you can install it via the command line using R CMD INSTALL lasso2_1.2-12.tar.gz .

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best,
Tim

--
Timothy P. Jurka
Ph.D. Student

Levente Torok

Nov 30, 2011, 7:08:56 AM11/30/11
to rtextto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

Thanks for helping me out of the lasso2 problem.
Now, I am faced with another problem:

lev@ball:~/Downloads$ sudo R CMD INSTALL RTextTools_1.3.1.tar.gz
* installing to library ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library’
ERROR: this R is version 2.12.1, package 'RTextTools' requires R >= 2.13.0

Now, I just realized that there is a way to add CRAN community
maintained repositories which helped me out of trouble completely.
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/
For getting the repository keys I had to do another google search:
http://rattle.togaware.com/rattle-install-ubuntu.html
Now the only message I got is the following:
Warning messages:
1: replacing previous import ‘head’ when loading ‘utils’
2: replacing previous import ‘tail’ when loading ‘utils’

I don't know what this is but I can igore it easily.
Thanks,

Lev

Tim Jurka

Dec 3, 2011, 1:13:55 PM12/3/11
to rtextto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lev,

RTextTools requires R 2.13.0 as listed on the CRAN page ( http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RTextTools/index.html ). You can ignored those warning messages; they do not affect the operation of RTextTools.

Best,
Tim

--
Timothy P. Jurka