Re: Streaming G-code Arudino Program

Reza Naima

Feb 2, 2011, 1:51:01 PM2/2/11
to Ben Marsh, rstep
do you mean building a front end application to feed gcode to mine?   we already have a lot of work that's been done on a java application and I suspect you can reuse a lot of that code.  check out the forum and wiki for more information.

as far a gcode, anything should work.

G0 X10
G0 Y10
G0 X0 Y0

etc..

-reza

Ben Marsh
Wednesday, February 02, 2011 8:18 AM

I found your code.google.com page regarding the use of an Arduino in place of a PC for a CNC machine, nice work!

I am working on a project where I was about to basically create what you had already made, so I appreciate uploading all the source codes. I'm trying to create my own G-code program using Processing 1.2.1, I was curious if you have a .txt file of a G-code which your Arduino program works on? I would like to develop my code to match yours so they can work together.

I appreciate any input on this,

NULL

Feb 20, 2011, 10:14:43 AM2/20/11
to rstep
can you post a gcode file that you know works cause Jrstep never seams
to like it
here is a snipet of mine
G21
G90
G0 X 3.918 Y 0.189
G1 X 3.314 Y 0.390
G1 X 3.314 Y 0.792
G1 X 3.113 Y 1.195
G1 X 3.113 Y 1.597
G1 X 2.912 Y 2.000
G1 X 2.709 Y 1.597
G1 X 2.508 Y 1.195
G1 X 2.709 Y 0.792
G1 X 2.709 Y 0.390
G1 X 2.106 Y 0.390
G1 X 2.106 Y 0.792
G1 X 1.904 Y 1.195
G1 X 2.106 Y 1.597
G1 X 2.307 Y 2.000
G1 X 1.904 Y 2.201
G1 X 1.502 Y 2.000
G1 X 1.502 Y 1.597
G1 X 1.301 Y 1.195
any ideas why it isnt working?

On Feb 2, 1:51 pm, Reza Naima <r...@reza.net> wrote:
> do you mean building a front end application to feed gcode to mine?   we
> already have a lot of work that's been done on a java application and I
> suspect you can reuse a lot of that code.  check out the forum and wiki
> for more information.
>
> as far a gcode, anything should work.
>
> G0 X10
> G0 Y10
> G0 X0 Y0
>
> etc..
>
> -reza

> >    Ben Marsh <mailto:bma...@lucks.com>

Robert Raymond

Feb 20, 2011, 10:30:56 PM2/20/11
to rs...@googlegroups.com
I use a plane select G17 g18 and every time I use G1, I enter a feedrate  like F.002 per rev or 10.0ipm, I must tell the controller whether I am using ipm or ipr,  I think g98 g99
Bob

Reza Naima

Feb 25, 2011, 4:06:57 PM2/25/11
to rs...@googlegroups.com
Because you have spaces between the X and Y variables and the relative values

Try

G1 X3.918 Y0.189

As far as JrStepGUI - I've not gotten it to work either. :/  I think I know what needs to happen but I'm not sure how to implement it (toggle DTR line on connection).

Reza

NULL
February 20, 2011 7:14 AM

Reza Naima
February 2, 2011 10:51 AM

do you mean building a front end application to feed gcode to mine?   we already have a lot of work that's been done on a java application and I suspect you can reuse a lot of that code.  check out the forum and wiki for more information.

as far a gcode, anything should work.

G0 X10
G0 Y10
G0 X0 Y0