Arduino 2009 errors

NULL

Jan 16, 2011, 8:00:25 PM1/16/11
to rstep
any time i try to use the code from ther wiki for the AtMeaga 328 i
all ways get the following errors

ERR CHECKSUM
ERR CUR
ERR CUR
ERR CUR
ERR INIT

any ideas why?

Reza Naima

Jan 16, 2011, 8:22:48 PM1/16/11
to rs...@googlegroups.com
yes, you havn't configured the device yet.  the messages are to tell you that it has no idea how to operate.   I should add a page on how to configure it if I don't already have one.

from http://reza.net/cms/index.php?page=command-syntax

 M100  <XYZ Amps>  Specify AMPS per axis
 M101  <XYZ INT>  Specify STEPS PER INCH
 M102  <XYZ INT>  Specify Max Feedrate Per Axis in Steps Per Second
 M103  <Stepping>  Specify Stepping Mode (1,1/2,1/4,1/16)
 M104  <XYZ Bool>  Specify Direction Per Axis (i.e. toggle value to reverse direction of an axis)
 M105  <Motor PWM>  Specify Duty Cycle of Motor On Time as value from 1 (0.39%) to 255 (100%)
 M200    Force Save Configuration
 M201    Dump Configuration

so you can specify the current per stepper motor in amps.  For 500mA you can specify

M100 X.5 Y.5 Z.5

how many steps per inch in single stepping mode

M102 X4000 Y4000 Z2000

the substepping you want  (all axis have the same substepping, for 1/16th..)

M103 S16

If you need to invert an axis (i.e. Y)

M104 Y1

and to revert

M104 Y0

and your good to go!  There should be a configuration dialogue in jrstepGui that simplifies the process.

-reza

NULL
Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:00 PM

NULL

Jan 17, 2011, 10:43:14 AM1/17/11
to rstep
Thank you
i did what you said and now it works perfectly for my purposees

On Jan 16, 8:22 pm, Reza Naima <r...@reza.net> wrote:
> yes, you havn't configured the device yet.  the messages are to tell you
> that it has no idea how to operate.   I should add a page on how to
> configure it if I don't already have one.
>
> fromhttp://reza.net/cms/index.php?page=command-syntax
>
>   M100  <XYZ Amps>         Specify AMPS per axis
>   M101  <XYZ INT>          Specify STEPS PER INCH
>   M102  <XYZ INT>          Specify Max Feedrate Per Axis in Steps Per Second
>   M103  <Stepping>         Specify Stepping Mode (1,1/2,1/4,1/16)
>   M104  <XYZ Bool>         Specify Direction Per Axis (i.e. toggle value to
> reverse direction of an axis)
>   M105  <Motor PWM>        Specify Duty Cycle of Motor On Time as value from
> 1 (0.39%) to 255 (100%)
>   M200           Force Save Configuration
>   M201           Dump Configuration
>
> so you can specify the current per stepper motor in amps.  For 500mA you
> can specify
>
> M100 X.5 Y.5 Z.5
>
> how many steps per inch in single stepping mode
>
> M102 X4000 Y4000 Z2000
>
> the substepping you want  (all axis have the same substepping, for 1/16th..)
>
> M103 S16
>
> If you need to invert an axis (i.e. Y)
>
> M104 Y1
>
> and to revert
>
> M104 Y0
>
> and your good to go!  There should be a configuration dialogue in
> jrstepGui that simplifies the process.
>
> -reza

> >    NULL <mailto:bigbodysmallbr...@gmail.com>

Reza Naima

Jan 17, 2011, 4:35:21 PM1/17/11
to rs...@googlegroups.com
What are you using it for?  Any chance you can send me a photo of your setup?

Thanks,
Reza

NULL
Monday, January 17, 2011 7:43 AM

Thank you
i did what you said and now it works perfectly for my purposees

Reza Naima
Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:22 PM

yes, you havn't configured the device yet.  the messages are to tell you that it has no idea how to operate.   I should add a page on how to configure it if I don't already have one.

Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:00 PM

NULL

Jan 19, 2011, 10:18:22 AM1/19/11
to rstep
it is kinda not done yet as the metal i ordered to make the actual rig
has not arrived yet and i am going to use it for making PCB cause i am
sick of the wait time on having them made by batchPCB

when ever i get done i will try to post a photo
-Null

On Jan 17, 4:35 pm, Reza Naima <r...@reza.net> wrote:
> What are you using it for?  Any chance you can send me a photo of your
> setup?
>
> Thanks,
> Reza

> >    NULL <mailto:bigbodysmallbr...@gmail.com>
> > Monday, January 17, 2011 7:43 AM
>
> > Thank you
> > i did what you said and now it works perfectly for my purposees

> >    Reza Naima <mailto:r...@reza.net>
> > Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:22 PM
>
> > yes, you havn't configured the device yet.  the messages are to tell
> > you that it has no idea how to operate.   I should add a page on how
> > to configure it if I don't already have one.
>
> > fromhttp://reza.net/cms/index.php?page=command-syntax
>
> >    NULL <mailto:bigbodysmallbr...@gmail.com>

David Chan

Jan 22, 2011, 8:58:44 PM1/22/11
to rstep
Reza,

What is the range of the M102 (MFR) command? When I set it using M102
X4000 Y4000 Z2000, it display MSG MFR(160,160,208). When I set it
using number less than 256, it displays correctly. If this limit is
256, then the max feed rate will be very slow.
It looks like it round off at 256. Can you advise this is a display
bug or software bug?

Regards,
David

On Jan 16, 5:22 pm, Reza Naima <r...@reza.net> wrote:
> yes, you havn't configured the device yet.  the messages are to tell you
> that it has no idea how to operate.   I should add a page on how to
> configure it if I don't already have one.
>
> fromhttp://reza.net/cms/index.php?page=command-syntax
>
>   M100  <XYZ Amps>         Specify AMPS per axis
>   M101  <XYZ INT>          Specify STEPS PER INCH
>   M102  <XYZ INT>          Specify Max Feedrate Per Axis in Steps Per Second
>   M103  <Stepping>         Specify Stepping Mode (1,1/2,1/4,1/16)
>   M104  <XYZ Bool>         Specify Direction Per Axis (i.e. toggle value to
> reverse direction of an axis)
>   M105  <Motor PWM>        Specify Duty Cycle of Motor On Time as value from
> 1 (0.39%) to 255 (100%)
>   M200           Force Save Configuration
>   M201           Dump Configuration
>
> so you can specify the current per stepper motor in amps.  For 500mA you
> can specify
>
> M100 X.5 Y.5 Z.5
>
> how many steps per inch in single stepping mode
>
> M102 X4000 Y4000 Z2000
>
> the substepping you want  (all axis have the same substepping, for 1/16th..)
>
> M103 S16
>
> If you need to invert an axis (i.e. Y)
>
> M104 Y1
>
> and to revert
>
> M104 Y0
>
> and your good to go!  There should be a configuration dialogue in
> jrstepGui that simplifies the process.
>
> -reza

> >    NULL <mailto:bigbodysmallbr...@gmail.com>

Reza Naima

Jan 22, 2011, 9:48:49 PM1/22/11
to rs...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for spotting that.  The error is in the documentation.  The docs should read 'inches per minute'.  If someone needs to go faster than 256 inches/minute I can make that fix.  I'll fix the documentation when I have more time next week.

It actually took me a bit to verify that -- the conversion code isn't obvious but works:

xaxis->timePerStep = (double)(1E6*60.0) / (double)((double)config.max_feedrate.x * (double)config.steps_inch.x * (double)config.stepping);

the units for timePerStep are microseconds.

Reza

David Chan
Saturday, January 22, 2011 5:58 PM

Reza,

What is the range of the M102 (MFR) command? When I set it using M102
X4000 Y4000 Z2000, it display MSG MFR(160,160,208). When I set it
using number less than 256, it displays correctly. If this limit is
256, then the max feed rate will be very slow.
It looks like it round off at 256. Can you advise this is a display
bug or software bug?

Regards,
David

Reza Naima
Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:22 PM

yes, you havn't configured the device yet.  the messages are to tell you that it has no idea how to operate.   I should add a page on how to configure it if I don't already have one.

Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:00 PM

iklln6

Jan 22, 2011, 9:58:49 PM1/22/11
to rstep
i actually just dug that up to answer, so consider this a
verification; the comment for this it is on line 85 of stepper_control
and could probably be expanded a little to include more units for
clarity:
// distance / feedrate * 60,000,000.0 = move duration in
microseconds...distance[inch]/feedrate *60[sec/inch] = t[sec],
feedrate = dist[inch]/t[min]