Duplicate footers

Texastwister

Oct 1, 2013, 3:36:59 PM10/1/13
to rst2pdf...@googlegroups.com
I'm using rst2pdf for the instructor presentations for a training course with many modules.  I have an index document that includes each of the module files.  I'd like to be able to run rst2pdf against any of the individual module files to render a pdf of just that module... and also be able to run it against the index file to get one all-inclusive pdf.

The problem is that I use a footer at the bottom of the pages.  In order to get the footer to render, I have to include the footer directive in each of the module documents.  But when I do that, the all-inclusive pdf has multiple copies of the footer.  It seems that multiple occurrences of the footer directive are interpreted as additional footer content -- rather than a new footer designed to replace the previous content.

Is this intentional, or a bug?  And is there a work-around?

Scott Purcell

Roberto Alsina

Oct 1, 2013, 5:30:10 PM10/1/13
to rst2pdf...@googlegroups.com

Totaly a bug. You could set the footer in the stylesheet instead.

Patrick Maupin

Oct 1, 2013, 11:47:22 PM10/1/13
to rst2pdf-discuss
Another possibility, which is somewhat tedious, is to have an include
file and a top-level for each module.

I do a similar thing at work. This allows me to reuse content in
different contexts.