Raspberry Pi bare metal programming environment

Sergei G

Jun 15, 2024, 6:44:30 PMJun 15
to RSSC-list
For those of us who, like myself, has a bunch of legacy Raspberries laying around - there is a way to use them as microcontrollers. I wish it was from an Arduino IDE, but no - a bit more complicated.

"Circle" allows compiling a C++ program and booting it from SD card without OS, "bare metal".

PWM, I2C and many more samples are in the "samples" folder. Circle supports 32 or 64 bit CPUs. RPi5 not fully supported.

A C++ bare metal environment for Raspberry Pi with USB (32 and 64 bit) - rsta2/circle
Baremetal Application is an application that runs without an operating system. The code directly runs on startup. In this tutorial, we will run a C applicati...

baremetal programing tutorial for Rasperry Pi Zero W - danish-anwar-butt/RaspberryPi0_baremetal

Best Regards,
-- Sergei