My Nissan Leaf's Navigation System can subscribe to RSS feeds, does anyone know why?

joshk

Apr 26, 2012, 5:26:33 PM4/26/12
to rss-apps
My Nissan LEAF's navigation system allows the entry of RSS feeds which
it will then read using the half-ass built-in voice to text. I thought
it might support podcasts, but it just read the description of the
podcast. I have no idea why a car would do this. (Maybe I'm old and
lack insight?) Are there special RSS feeds for driving. I pasted the
instructions for linking the info from a web page to car below.

Internet Feeds Setting allows you to access the Internet information
registered here from the inside of the vehicle. Any website that sends
RSS information can be registered. You can find the sites sending RSS
information by inputting the type of information you are interested in
followed by RSS (e.g. News RSS) into a search engine (e.g. Google or
Bing). Then the web page’s address must be copied manually or copied
and pasted into the Carwings Internet Feeds Setting page. The RSS
feeds set on this page will be automatically registered in Favorites.
After it, choose CARWINGS>Favorites on the Navigation system of your
vehicle to display the registered RSS feeds.