Product.search works, Product.search {keywords "foo"} doesn't

Julien

Mar 15, 2011, 12:55:32 PM3/15/11
to rsolr, tho...@rougecardinal.fr
Hi list,

As stated in the title, Product.search works, Product.search {keywords
"foo"} doesn't
and gives the following error :

Errno::ECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer
Here is the backtrace : https://gist.github.com/871019

I'm using sunspot-rails 1.2.1 in a Rails 3 app with ruby 1.9.2p0

The code base is the same in dev and prod and the bug is only in prod.
I suspect something to be wrong with my solr instances maybe ...

Any idea on what is going wrong ?

matt mitchell

Apr 27, 2011, 9:40:20 AM4/27/11
to rsolr
Were you able to sort this problem out? You might want to post this
question to the sunspot mailing list too.

Matt

Julien

Apr 27, 2011, 4:45:30 PM4/27/11
to rsolr
Yes, I've finally fixed this.

This commit (not in 1.2.1) increasing the headerBufferSize, fixed the
problem with the jetty solr instance
https://github.com/outoftime/sunspot/commit/46ba229b291a895ddc1398005276809336ea5f1c

Using a basic tomcat instance instead also fixed the problem.