Self-Signed Certificates and RSolr

Brian Wong

Apr 19, 2013, 5:17:22 PM4/19/13
to rs...@googlegroups.com
Is there a simple way to configure RSolr to not verify certificates when making HTTPS connections to the Solr endpoint?

Looking at the code of the RSolr::Connection class, it seems like it would be helpful if one could pass the verify_mode to the Net::HTTP object. Is there a simple workaround? Thank you.

Brian Wong

Apr 21, 2013, 2:46:18 AM4/21/13
to rs...@googlegroups.com
Going to reply to my own post here for I have done a bit more research into this problem of mine.

Is there a simple way to configure RSolr to not verify certificates when making HTTPS connections to the Solr endpoint?

Looking at the code of the RSolr::Connection class, it seems like it would be helpful if one could pass the verify_mode to the Net::HTTP object. Is there a simple workaround? Thank you.

It seems that it is also possible to create a DelegateClass of RSolr::Connection, override the 'http' method to add the verify_mode to the object, and pass that new class to the RSolr.connect method as the first argument. This new DelegateClass will be the "driver" instead of the default RSolr::Connection.

I have yet to test this approach but it appears to be simple and will not need modification of the RSolr library.

I am open to any helpful suggestions this group can provide.