how to do HTTP post with rsolr-ext

coughman

Feb 24, 2011, 6:22:09 PM2/24/11
to rsolr
I am using rsole-ext gem and I have been trying to use http post for
searching with a long Solr query. I tried using ":method => :post" to
the find method but it seems to be ignored. Anyone has tried using
http post with rsolr-ext? Thanks.

matt mitchell

Feb 26, 2011, 12:13:53 AM2/26/11
to rsolr
Unfortunately, rsolr-ext is not compatible w/rsolr 1.0. This is
something I'd like to take care of but not sure when. What is the
query you are sending to Solr? This is very easy to do w/rsolr 1.0.

Matt

moritz

Feb 28, 2011, 12:32:36 PM2/28/11
to rsolr
I did fork the repo and worked on it over the weekend. It seems to
work now. At the moment, the changes are only locally, but I can push
and send you a pull request if there is interest.

Also would appreciate some feedback as the tests didn't give me enough
guidance due to mocking (i.e., they would pass and the calls would
still fail). Only after wrapping the params into { :params =>
params }, everything seems to be as expected. No further testing was
done, as I don't use rsolr-ext myself (just rsolr, which works great
for me).

One more fix: the 'RSolr::Ext response should provide facet helpers'
was failing for me in 0.12.1. Changing mock_query_response fixed it.

Andreas

matt mitchell

Feb 28, 2011, 12:38:19 PM2/28/11
to rsolr
Hi Andreas,

You rock! Yes, I would love a pull request. I'll then have a look and
get it integrated. It'd be great to have ext working with rsolr 1.0.

Matt

coughman

Mar 1, 2011, 7:08:34 PM3/1/11
to rsolr
Our application has a long search query approaching 4k characters, and
our solr instance doesn't seem to like it (running on Jetty).

Most of the length of the query goes to a very long fq...

matt mitchell

Mar 1, 2011, 7:54:31 PM3/1/11
to rsolr
I'm working on bringing in the fork from Andreas. Until then, and if
possible, you could try re-configuring Jetty. See the last answer
here:

http://serverfault.com/questions/136249/how-do-we-increase-the-maximum-allowed-http-get-query-length-in-jetty

Matt