resilient data

Glenn Hampson

Jan 30, 2018, 11:39:43 AM1/30/18
to osi20...@googlegroups.com, rsc...@googlegroups.com

The US National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM, which is part of NIH) has lots of interesting stuff going on. From a recent email announcement, they’re offering a web-based primer course next month on improving the “resilience” of data. For all you data geeks out there, you may already know about this concept---this one is new to me:

Hope From our Grandmothers: Decolonizing Data through Stories of Resilience: The PNR Rendezvous session will be February 21 from 1:00 – 2:00pm PT. The practice of research and utilizing information collected by means of observation, hypothesis-testing, repetition of experiment and sound conclusions to inform decision-making, have been integral to indigenous survival and wellbeing for centuries. Rose James, of the Urban Indian Health Institute, will review some of the modern scientific values in comparison to AI/AN ways of knowing and provide examples of indigenous research concepts as they align with decolonizing data. (1 MLA CE) Registration is encouraged.