Continuing support for the Leap Ahead ePortfolio licences

1 view

kev.brace

Feb 25, 2010, 7:29:20 AM2/25/10
to Midlands Eportfolio Group
I (Kirstie) am pleased to inform you that for those continuing to use
the Leap Ahead ePortfolio licences this year (until July), myself and
Stuart Wood at the Centre for International ePortfolio Development at
the University of Nottingham are able to provide support for these
through an extension of our work with Leap Ahead.

So, if there are admin issues, questions, support with iWebfolio
templates, classroom support/pedagogy or new features – as well as
advice on how to proceed institutionally and how to retain the
student’s work if required, then we are able to provide these.

Although the ePortfolio pilots come to an end this year, we hope that
you have found them useful, and that use of ePortfolio continues to
develop within your institutions. In terms of government direction on
HE.. more diverse learners/flexible delivery… (as put forward by
Mandelson yesterday in Nottingham http://www.bis.gov.uk/dearing-lecture)
– ePortfolio is a technology that can support these types of delivery
in that it can span the workplace/student and institutional
requirements.

Our Centre is continuing to work on ePortfolio interoperability
standards with JISC projects involving vendors such as: PebblePAD,
Desire2Learn, Mahara, e-Apel, myKnowledgeMap. This will enable
ePortfolio systems to communicate with some VLEs and for students to
potentially have the ability to move their ePortfolio content
elsewhere.

We are also working on a project called SAMSON, which provides a
portal for employers/institutions to access ePortfolio information and
other relevant information from the institutions where they have
students on CPD, or work placements. http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/eportfolio/samson/index.shtml

Feel free to get in touch if you are interested in any of this work.

The final report on the ePortfolio projects as a whole will be
available shortly

Best regards,
Kirstie

Kirstie Coolin, eBusiness Analyst
Centre for International ePortfolio Development
University of Nottingham
0115 95 16976
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/eportfolio