Launch of RSC West Mid's ePortfolio Pilot Platforms Project

kev.brace

Jan 15, 2010, 10:28:16 AM1/15/10
to Midlands Eportfolio Group
We are pleased to announce the launch of the ePortfolio Pilot
Platforms Project.

We have been working on a project to enable you, our supported
learning providers (in the West Mids region only) to use (for free) a
range of open source eportfolio platforms. You identify the need to
pilot an eportfolio, obtain approval, and in return we’ll give you
various “eportfolio” tools to try out on your staff or students, or
both. In a nutshell, you get to run pilots on a number of popular
Open Source eportfolios without the necessity to set them up “in-
house”.

Project Scope and Overview

The JISC RSC West Midlands would like to provide the use of a suite of
Open Source e-learning platforms that can be utilised to pilot a wide
range of eportfolio related activities. The JISC RSC West Midlands
have set up five “eportfolio” platforms on their own servers. These
learning platforms have been chosen for their pedigree, currency, and
compatibility with existing IT infrastructures.

These “eportfolio platforms” will be made available to RSC WesT
Midlands supported learning providers for approximately six months.
In return, each learning provider will complete a simple evaluation
and short report highlighting the benefits/shortfalls of each platform
piloted. We are also interested in comments on the entire pilot
process. Collated details will be published on the RSC West Midlands
Wiki, our eportfolio community of Practice, or included in LSIS
Excellence Gateway e-case studies. Pertinent evaluation information
will be shared with other learning providers (locally and nationally)
to help with piloting or evaluation of eportfolio platforms.
Applicants can choose to pilot one, two, or all of these platforms
simultaneously.

The full terms and conditions explain the full scope of this
initiative, including expected outputs and our support. This document
needs to be signed and returned to us. We need expressions of
interest by 21st Feb’. You will then have access to these eportfolios
until the end of July 2010.

Please email me directly to obtain the terms and conditions.
k.b...@rsc-wm.ac.uk

Regards..
Kevin Brace. CMALT, MSc, Ieng, PDF-ELT
HE Co-ordinator.
JISC Regional Support Centre West Midlands, University of
Wolverhampton,
Technology Centre, Wolverhampton Science Park, Glaisher Drive,
Wolverhampton WV10 9RU

Rapid e-learning event Feb 23rd : book now

http://info.rsc-wm.ac.uk/events/event_details.asp?eid=499

T: +44 (0)1902 518931
F: +44 (0)1902 824345
E: k.b...@wlv.ac.uk