RS-HFIQ using UFO202 and HDSDR

Al Holt

Oct 27, 2021, 11:36:17 AM10/27/21
to RS-HFIQ Technical Forum
That's my current setup. I was using one of the older StartTech USB sound cards but started noticing some rather strong images in WSJT-x's waterfall. Switching to the UFO202 improved things a lot, but still it didn't fully cancel them.

That got me looking at HDSDR's "Input Channel Calibration for Rx" panel. I was attempting to reduce stronger signals on LSB from showing up in the USB. A good example is FT8 activity on 30m showing up in the USB on HDSDR when the RS-HFIQ is tuned and operating WSPR.

The feature in HDSDR works quite well! But, I didn't try adjusting it with the 10 kHz separation suggested by HDSDR nor have I tested it on Transmit.  I need to try it using the StartTech USB sound card. I found this page to be useful:  https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/hdsdr-iq-balance

I'm curious if you're on a Pi running Quisk is there a similar feature for balancing I/Q?

Thanks!

--Al
WD4AH