RS-HFIQ Arduino interface library using Teensy 4 USB Host port released

Mike K7MDL

Mar 13, 2022, 5:22:21 PM3/13/22
to RS-HFIQ Technical Forum
I created a new library to control the RS-HFIQ via a Teensy 4.0 or 4.1 USB Host port serial port.  Supports all the commands except *B, *D, and *E which I will work in soon.

The library offers control via the serial terminal using free-form entry for VFO frequencies or you can use menu choices for TX, and queries for easier use.

In normal use your VFO tuning mechanism sets a frequency variable and calls a library function.  Internal ham band mapping validates the request and returns the frequency and updates a band number (1-9 for 80M to 10M) or returns 0 for invalid requests.

The possibility exists that you can hook your Teensy 4.x SDR up to a PC/Pi SDR or logging program and use OmniRig2 to control your SDR radio the same as connected directly.  This is not tested yet.

2 example programs are provided.  One a self-contained test program, a predecessor to the library,  the 2nd shows how to use the library.

I am using this library today in my Teensy 4 based SDR_RA887x SDR program.  The RS-HFIQ is one of a few hardware options it now supports.  Transmit modulation capabilities are still in early dev stages but it is there.  K7MDL2/KEITHSDR: Teensy4.X with PJRC audio card Arduino based SDR Radio project. (github.com).

- Mike K7MDL

Mike K7MDL

Mar 13, 2022, 5:28:27 PM3/13/22
to RS-HFIQ Technical Forum