New RRR launching Wednesday

Replication Editors

Aug 9, 2016, 5:20:44 PM8/9/16
to rrr_anno...@googlegroups.com, jennifer...@gmail.com, Alex Holcombe
You have received this email because you signed up to receive announcements about new RRRs at Perspectives on Psychological Science. We only use this list for such announcements.

I'm pleased to announce that we are launching a call for contributing laboratories for a new RRR project examining a variant of the following study:

Dijksterhuis, A., & van Knippenberg, A. (1998). The relation between perceptionand behavior, or how to win a game of Trivial Pursuit. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 74, 865-877.

The official call for contributing labs will go out from APS on Wednesday morning, but as promised, people who sign up for this announcements list get to hear first.

This RRR project has been more than 2 years in development. Ap Dijksterhuis provided helpful guidance in developing this protocol (including re-running a variant of the study himself to help verify the procedures), Andy DeSoto (at APS), Leif Nelson and Michael O'Donnell (at Berkeley) helped us norm a new set of stimuli. Leif and Michael developed the protocol with input from Ap, and they will serve as the lead lab for this project.

The official OSF page for this project (https://osf.io/k27hm/) has instructions for how to apply to join this effort as a contributing lab (running the study in your lab). It also has the full protocol, all of the materials, the experiment scripts, etc. I will be serving as editor for this project, perhaps with some assistance from the other RRR editors (Alex Holcombe and Jennifer Tackett).

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I hope you'll be interested joining in this new RRR effort. The deadline to submit an application to join is August 31, although we might close the submission process before then if we get enough applications right away.

Best,
Dan

Daniel J. Simons, Special Associate Editor | Perspectives on Psychological Science | replicati...@gmail.com | dsi...@illinois.edu | 217-689-1527

Replication Editors

Aug 11, 2016, 5:47:43 PM8/11/16
to rrr_anno...@googlegroups.com, jennifer...@gmail.com, Alex Holcombe
Quick update on the announcement below: We've changed the application deadline for labs interesting in participating from August 31 to September 9 to better accommodate researchers in Europe who might be on holiday through August. The official announcement from APS is available at http://www.psychologicalscience.org/index.php/publications/observer/obsonline/professor-priming-focus-of-aps-registered-replication-report-project.html