"MKL threads are not set as requested" - error in Windows

Koushik Khan

Apr 4, 2016, 4:22:34 AM4/4/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
Hi all,
        I'm using MRO 3.2.3 on my Windows x64 machine with Intel i3 Processor. When ever I'm supplying the command setMKLthreads(4), it is showing the following,

MKL threads are not set as requested:
 2  instead of  4  threads are used.

Is there anything wrong ? How to use all the four cores in my machine with MRO ?

adev...@microsoft.com

Apr 5, 2016, 2:31:55 AM4/5/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
Your Intel I3 uses hyperthreading, so you only have 2 physical cores and 4 logical cores.

The Intel MKL can only utilise physical cores.

We have answered similar threads with more detail.  See, for example:

I hope this helps

Andrie