MRO 3.2.3 and mvMORPH package

Ryan Felice

Feb 29, 2016, 5:02:52 PM2/29/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
Hi all,

I am trying to use the mvMORPH package with Microsoft R Open v3.2.3.
When I try to load the package in Rgui or command line, I get an error
dialog:

"The procedure entry point dpftrf_ could not be located in the dynamic
link library C:\Users\Fel\Documents\R\win-library\3.2\mvMORPH\libs\x64\mvMORPH.dll"

and the following error in R itself.

> library(mvMORPH)

# ATTENTION: maps v3.0 has an updated 'world' map. #
# Many country borders and names have changed since 1990. #
# Type '?world' or 'news(package="maps")'. See README_v3. #

Spam version 1.3-0 (2015-10-24) is loaded.
Type 'help( Spam)' or 'demo( spam)' for a short introduction
and overview of this package.
Help for individual functions is also obtained by adding the
suffix '.spam' to the function name, e.g. 'help( chol.spam)'.

Attaching package: ‘spam’

The following objects are masked from ‘package:base’:

backsolve, forwardsolve

Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
unable to load shared object 'C:/Users/Fel/Documents/R/win-library/3.2/mvMORPH/libs/x64/mvMORPH.dll':
LoadLibrary failure: The specified procedure could not be found.

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘mvMORPH’

I dont have the same problem with the vanilla CRAN R distribution. Any
suggestions? note the "mvMORPH.dll" file is in the specified directory.  Thanks everyone!

Cheers,

SMIT SHAH

Mar 11, 2016, 5:34:33 PM3/11/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
Hi Ryan,

Looking at

"Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
unable to load shared object 'C:/Users/Fel/Documents/R/win-library/3.2/mvMORPH/libs/x64/mvMORPH.dll':
LoadLibrary failure: The specified procedure could not be found."

Means that your dll is dependent on some other dll and that is unavailable but it can also mean mvMORPH.dll itself can not be loaded (permission problem or the file is defective).

The package mvMORPH itself has lot of dependencies and you can notice MRO even throws out a message about maps having an update. When i tried replicating your issue i had maps v3.1 and mvMORPH loads fine without any errors.

Update all your dependencies and install mvMORPH. Just to be sure everything goes smoothly remove the packages from the library and run a fresh installation of packages.

Thanks,

Smit