RRO 8.0.1 error: "the process has forked and you cannot use this corefoundation functionality..."

jrza...@23snaps.com

Dec 15, 2014, 4:10:05 AM12/15/14
to rro...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I work on a mac 10.9.5 and I upgraded to RRO 8.0.1 (which I see now that is "temporarily unavailable"). From there in advance I started to have a series of problems, getting many error messages (mainly not finding *.h libraries) when installing packages, but more importantly, this error message almost every time I ran algorithms like randomForest or boosted trees using the "caret" package:

The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality safely. You MUST exec().
Break on __THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTIONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__() to debug.

I tried to uninstall RRO and go back to the previous version but the error was still there. It is important to mention that I did not get this error with the previous version of RRO or with CRAN R 3.1.2. Eventually, I had to completely uninstall RRO and go back to CRAN R 3.1.2 and everything works now.

I am not sure whether this error is directly related to RRO, but the facts are:
1-it did not happen with CRAN R 3.1.2
2-it did not happen with RRO 8.0
3-it happened when upgrading to RRO 8.0.1
4-it is not happening when going back to CRAN R 3.1.2

Hope RRO people find this useful :)

Regards

Javier

David Smith

Dec 15, 2014, 4:00:16 PM12/15/14
to rro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Javier,

This issue should be resolved with the beta2 update we just posted. Please uninstall RRO, download from MRAN and reinstall. Please do let us know if you experience any other issues.

Thanks,
# David Smith

Revolution R Plus

Subscribe to Technical Support & Indemnification for R