Installed MRO onto Visual Studio 2010 but no 32 bit on 64 bit machine

Stew Muskie

Mar 30, 2016, 9:04:51 AM3/30/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
Hi All,

I have installed MRO onto a 64 bit machine. The website I am developing is expecting a 32 bit R.dll,

rpath is C:\Users\muscutts\Documents\Microsoft\MRO\R-3.2.3\bin\i386 but this directory does not exist.
What does exist is C:\Users\muscutts\Documents\Microsoft\MRO\R-3.2.3\bin\x64
If I initialise the engine using REngine engine = REngine.GetInstance(); then this error is shown:
This 32-bit process failed to load the library R.dll. Native error message is 'The specified module could not be found'

Do you have any suggestions please?

thanks
Stew

Josée Martens @ Microsoft

Mar 30, 2016, 9:14:40 AM3/30/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
Hello,

Sorry Stew,  Microsoft R Open is supported on 64-bit platforms only and we don't have any plans to support 32-bit systems in the future.

Kind regards,

# Josee Martens

adev...@microsoft.com

Apr 5, 2016, 8:29:00 AM4/5/16