Uninstalling/Reinstalling MKL on Ubuntu

Arnob Alam

Mar 28, 2016, 3:52:17 PM3/28/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
I had an installation of Microsoft R Open 3.2.3 on Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS.  During a recent system update, MRO installation was overwritten by vanilla R.  I reinstalled MRO.  However, when R opens, I get the following error:

Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'RevoUtilsMath', details:
  call: fun(libname, pkgname)
  error: To use RevoUtilsMath you must first install the MKL Math Library.
 If you have previously installed the MKL Math Library,
remove it and then re-install.
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘RevoUtilsMath’

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling RevoMath but get the same error when I run ./RevoMath.sh utility as above.

Josée Martens @ Microsoft

Mar 29, 2016, 12:48:05 PM3/29/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
Hello,

Did you see this thread? Perhaps it has some tips you can use.

Also, Microsoft R Open and vanilla R should work side by side.You can also manage multiple side-by-side installations of any application using update-alternatives on Ubuntu. This command allows you create and manage symbolic links to the different installations, and thus easily refer to the installation of your choice.

Lastly, did you follow the instructions here? Please remember to Always uninstall MKL before uninstalling Microsoft R Open.

Thanks,
Josée

Arnob Alam

Mar 30, 2016, 10:02:10 AM3/30/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
I was able to resolve the issue by deleting the RevoUtilsMath folder from
   ~/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.2

Josée Martens @ Microsoft

Mar 30, 2016, 12:22:55 PM3/30/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
Glad to hear it.

frjea...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2016, 9:21:09 AM4/17/16
to Microsoft R Open / Revolution R Open
Hi,

A more full answer to reinstall MRO and MKL on Ubuntu in case of bug or if you have remove MRO before MKL :

1/ In GUI : Uninstall MRO-3.2.3-Ubuntu-15.4.x86_64.deb with gdebi
2/ In terminal :
sudo rm -R /usr/lib64/MRO-3.2.3
sudo rm -R /usr/lib/R
sudo rm -R ~/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.2/RevoUtilsMath

3/ You can now install MRO and next MKL again.